Last week we published our first feline interview with the lovely Cody. Today we are proud to be interviewing QT Minou, a beautiful blue eyed Ragdoll kitty.
So, let’s hear what secrets QT Minou has to share with us!
Name: QT Minou
Age: 1 and 3/4
Q: QT, tell us your story.
QT Minou: Before Aug. 2nd of last year (2014) we do not know, as the Humane Society did not give any history. The Human had recently lost her 19 year old Maine Coon kitty Toes and was very lonely. She has gone thru about 25 years of not having furry company because of allergies which caused asthma. This went away with age…
So when she saw my beautiful picture on Facebook she ran down to meet me… and fell in luv. You cannot blame her…iz very sweet. She lasted about a week alone. MOL
We have been healing each other every day since. I now have a lovely place to live with a beautiful see-thru balcony on the 6th floor. Iz as high as the birds, whom I watch from my perch. (Don’t worry I will not fall off and is supervised).
My story is just starting…
Q: What about your cat mom, what can you tell us about her?
QT Minou: Iz call her the Human. She loves to chase me with the camera lots and lots… I’s getting used to it. She has to leave me every day to go work and bring me treats, food and litter. Also bags and boxes that I get to inspect. We both love the weekends when we can spend all day together… We get to play how I can get her out of bed. MOL
She works for a company that sells shoes… I like the way shoes smell so it must be a good place to work.
She is wonderful.
Q: Things you love?
- My favorite place is the balcony – there is so much to watch and lots of flies to chase and eat. I love to chase bugs. It is my job to protect the Human for the bugs.
- I love to nap in different places.
- I love to play with string of all sorts, laces. Pull strings, feather boas, all kinds of strings. My favorite was given to me from the Human’s brother – he found me the best string ever.
- I am a very talkative companion and chirp, prrt, warble and meow back to everything she says to me. I am especially talkative when I find something to chase…
- I love to crawl under the covers until it gets too warm, it makes me feel safe.
- The Human got me a fabulous tree perch to be as high as her.
- Before she goes to work she will hid a little dry food all around the place for me to find, but iz too smart for her – I follow before I eat anything…
- I like to lick her nose. Luv my life
Q: Things you hate?
- I do not like being picked up too much. I will let the Human do it sometimes to show me things.
- I do not like loud noises, they scare me.
- I do not like fish dinners of any kind (this perplexes the Human) or milk.
- I do not like being brushed, or petted very much. Although tickles are acceptable.
- I do not sit on laps but I will stand on them for a couple moments cause this makes her very happy. Life is better.
Q: What’s your favorite toy?
QT Minou: THE string
Q: What’s your favorite treat?
QT Minou: Hidden dry food
Q: Your life motto or favorite quote?
QT Minou: Prrrt
Q: Would you like to add anything else?
QT Minou: The changes in the past (almost year) have been great. I (the Human) love to see the trust that an adopted cat will gradually give you each new day. From the first purr, the first time they jump and sleep next to you, the first time they lick you nose, the first fly they bring you as a gift, sit in your lap for 30 seconds, let you tickle their belly before kicking you… the journey of mutual trust and love is an amazing experience. I highly recommend it.
PS It is addictive
You can follow QT Minou’s adventures on his Facebook Page, where his mom shares beautiful pictures of him.
Mister Cat and I would like to thank the beautiful QT Minou and his Mom Debbra for accepting our invitation for this interview. Thank you so much QT and Debbra!
We hope you all enjoyed meeting this adorable blue eyed kitty – please leave a message for QT Minou in the comments!